Community Service Requirements
- Hour requirements: freshman 20 hours, sophomores 30 hours, juniors 40 hours, seniors 25 hours + internships. While exceeding the hour requirements each year is encouraged (not required), students may not complete additional hours to count towards a year that has not occurred yet. (i.e. - completing 30 hours freshman year does not mean that 10 of those hours can be put towards sophomore year.
- Community Service needs to benefit an individual in need of assistance or a non-profit organization.
- Assisting or babysitting for free for a friend, neighbor, or community member is acceptable; assisting or babysitting at home does not qualify as this is part of being a valuable family member.
- Office work must be for a non-profit organization or business.
- Fundraisers, walk-a-thons and road races can be considered but participants must present evidence that a minimum of $25.00 was raised and donated.
- Class or team projects are allowed and encouraged. However, at least 50% of all proceeds must be donated to a pre-designated charity or non-profit organization.
- If you are unsure if your project will meet the community service requirements, please see Ms. Riley, F209.
All students must turn in their forms by the next to last week of school to receive credit for the current school year. Seniors must complete all 25 hours before the end of the first semester of their senior year.